I love Fall Back days. Just the idea of gaining a hour of time is cause for celebration. But, coming as it does in the Fall, with the school year in full swing, Fall Back days are all the more cause for celebration. The Saturday night before “Fall Back Sunday” (as I’d named and treasured it in my imagination all week), I went to bed thinking of all I would do the next day, when I woke up at my usual time only to realize that it was actually a whole hour before that time:
- I’d get a head start on the laundry
- Ditto the grocery list (and yes, just because I had that hour, I would also now remember to take this list to the grocery store – things like this are meant to happen on Fallback Sunday, aren’t they?
- I would also update my school website and find a way to upload that very large file of images relating to our next Social Studies unit (it’s always easier to do this early in the morning, I’ve heard)
- I would warm up for dog walking with some extra time on the treadmill. I’ve heard that the best time to exercise is early in the morning – so here’s my chance.
- I would call my parents in London first thing in the morning, not just as they were getting ready for bed. My mother has requested this so many times…so tomorrow morning would be a good time to start.
I was sure there were other things that I could accomplish, but I fell asleep before I could think of anything else. Morning arrived, and here’s how I spent the extra hour:
- I slept!