The March Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers .
Five Monday morning routines:
1. Flowers – I always begin the week with flowers on my desk. The world looks much better on a Monday morning at 7:00 A.M. through a burst of color.
2. Wash down those desks! This is actually an every morning routine, but it seems different on a Monday morning – wipe off the weekend dust, prepare for a week of learning!
3. Anchor our week with the homework chart, the order of operations for the day, and the game plan for the week. There it is – what we will accomplish together, my kids and I.
4. Set out the book talk books – here’s what’s new and wonderful to add to our reading lives!
5. Start something new/change up something old. This week, we’re starting a Twitter chat around favorite quotes – and I found the perfect one to get my sixth graders Tweeting up a storm:
Five routines…done…welcome, new week of school! After all, why not begin it on a positive note?!